Please be aware that the Site is not intended for children and the Site does not intend to collect any personally identifiable information from children. Only adults should provide us with such information.
- What information does the Site gather and/or track about you?
When you visit the Site, there are two types of identifiable information you might provide to us or a designated service provider: (A) information that you choose to share, and (B) website use information collected by us or by third-party advertisers.
- Shared Information. News and Guts or a designated service provider collects personal information that you voluntarily provide on the Site, on third-party websites and applications when subscribing to the digital edition of News and Guts, or offline in connection with your News and Guts print edition subscription, which may include your name, address, e-mail address, credit card number, billing information, etc. For example, News and Guts or a designated service provider collects personal information when you register on the Site, request certain News and Guts services or products, or submit the information to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion.
To the extent that you choose to post information, we may retain that information as well.
- Website Use Information. In addition to Shared Information, the Site gathers other website usage information that may be used by News and Guts or shared with third parties. This information may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer. Generally this information is collected through traffic data reports and may entail the use of “cookies,” “beacons,” “IP addresses,” or other numeric codes used to identify a computer and/or a computer user.
- Cookies and beacons are pieces of data stored on the user’s computer. You can refuse most cookies by turning them off in your browser, and you can also set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies. To enhance your experience, the Site employs cookies to recognize you and to simplify your access privileges on the Site, as well as to track usage of the Site. We also may contract with third-party vendors to provide us with data collection and reporting regarding our users’ activities on the Site – i.e., “traffic analysis.” This information may include information about the IP address of your computer, browser type, language, operating system, your mobile device, geo-location data, the state or country from which you accessed the Site, the Web pages visited, the date and the time of a visit, the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting the Site, the number of links you click within the Site, the functions you use on the Site, the databases you view and the searches you request on the Site, the data you save on or download from the Site and the number of times you view an advertisement. Users who do not accept cookies from the Site may not be able to access portions of the Site.
- IP Addresses and Log Files: The Site also logs IP addresses for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. (Your IP address indicates the location of your computer on the internet. It is not necessarily a unique personal identifier.)
- How can you “opt out” of providing personally identifying information?
You may “opt out” altogether from providing personally identifying information to us by not registering as a user of the Site. If you choose not to register or provide mandatory information in the registration form, the Site will not be accessible to you.
- What does the Site do with the information it gathers and/or tracks?
- Providing services and information to you. We use collected information to provide you with relevant and material news. News and Guts may use your personal information to provide you with information, special offers, and promotions via various means including e-mail.
- Statistical Analysis. News and Guts and its agents may perform statistical analyses of user behavior to measure interest in the various areas of the Site (for product development purposes, as well as for internal management purposes).
- How does the Web site protect its content and user information?
News and Guts takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect our users’ information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect online, including encryption security for credit card submissions. Such commercially reasonable precautions, however, do not absolutely guarantee the absolute protection of your personally identifying information. You must understand that there will always be some risk that any personally identifying information that you provide to us may be released without our permission or knowledge.
- With whom does the Site share the information it gathers?
News and Guts may share your personal and other information with our affiliates (including affiliated websites under common ownership or control) and designated service providers, such as its website developers, data storage providers, subscription management contractors, payment processors, or similar third parties. News and Guts may also share information with any successor company.
News and Guts may also disclose your personal and other information to unaffiliated third parties if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary: (a) to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process; (b) to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of News and Guts or others; (c) to enforce any terms of service on the Site; (d) to provide you and other users of this Site with the services or products requested by you and/or the other users (including allowing a purchaser of News and Guts or a News and Guts division to continue to serve you), and to perform other activities related to such services and products, including billing and collection; or (e) to operate News and Guts’ systems properly.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by News and Guts L.P. to its affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email with your first name, last name, mailing address, email address and telephone number to info@NewsandGutsmedia.com. Please include “California Privacy Rights” in the Subject line of your email.
You may also make such a request by writing to us at:
News and Guts
Attn: Legal Department
1180 6th Avenue, Suite 1802
New York, NY 10036