We will be bringing you more on this story as it develops.

UPDATE: Tuesday 12:30PM EST

Buzzfeed reports that federal prosecutors have charged Akayed Ullah with five federal counts including ” including detonating a weapon of mass destruction and providing material support to ISIS.”   Prosecutors said Ullah wrote a Facebook post shortly before that attack: ” “Trump you failed to protect your nation.”  Buzzfeed also writes “After the attack, police searched Ullah’s Brooklyn home, finding materials such as metal pipe, screws, fragments of Christmas tree lights, and a passport with Ullah’s name with handwritten notations, including: ‘O AMERICA, DIE IN YOUR RAGE.'”  “According to the federal complaint, Ullah became radicalized in 2014, when he began viewing pro-ISIS videos online and began researching how to construct a homemade bomb.”

Buzzfeed has full report.


UPDATE: Monday, 5:00PM EST

The NYC terrorism suspect told officials he was inspired by ISIS and chose the location because of the Christmas-themed posters in the subway station. And he detonated the bomb in retaliation for U.S. airstrikes on ISIS targets in Syria and elsewhere, several law enforcement officials said.  Akayed Ullah is a 27-year-old immigrant from Bangladesh.  From The New York Times.


UPDATE: Monday, 12/11/17 10:35am EST

The suspect, 27-year-old Akayed Ullah came to the United States seven years ago.  He lives in Brooklyn.  More from The Daily Beast. 


UPDATE: Monday, 12/11/17 10:23am EST

According to Buzzfeed, the suspect in custody is 27-year-old Akayed Ullah

The New York Fire Department said there were four reported injuries, none life threatening,

Update: A total of 4 injuries reported at the scene of an explosion at Port Authority. All injuries are non-life-threatening

— FDNY (@FDNY) December 11, 2017

“In many ways one of our worst nightmares,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said. “The reality turns out better than the initial expectation and fear.”

“Thank god the perpetrator didn’t achieve his ultimate goals,” Mayor Bill de Blasio said. “This was an attempted terrorist attack.”

UPDATE: Monday, 12/11/17 10:00am EST

It happened at one of the most crowded times of the day on the New York City subway system.  A pipe bomb strapped to a man exploded prematurely, police say.  Four people, including the bomber were wounded.  There were no fatalities.  Midtown Manhattan is in transit chaos after the incident as police closed parts of the subway and the Port Authority Bus Terminal.  The New York Times has the latest including security camera video of the incident. The New York City Police Commissioner calls the incident “terror-related.”

**We will be bringing you more on this story as we know more.